cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer keeps not showing up

Smeags
Joining in

Hi. My date for the service to start is December 24th. Had a text saying an engineer needed to come and do some cabling from the box in the street to the front of my house, with a link for live chat.

Booked it in for Thursday between 8am and 6pm. Arranged to work from home with my boss. At 4pm I got onto live chat, got told he would still be coming. But didn't.

Rang the next day on Friday, got told it had been moved to today (not communicated to me in any way, this!).

I was home because I had already booked this day off work. So I stayed in all day again. And once again, the engineer is a no-show!

Fed up of being treated like this. Tempted to just cancel the order. Would be a shame because I want the 250Mbps speeds and can only get 60-70 elsewhere but their customer service is atrocious!

Can anyone help please because I just don't trust the call centre anymore.

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Smeags wrote:

Hi. My date for the service to start is December 24th. Had a text saying an engineer needed to come and do some cabling from the box in the street to the front of my house, with a link for live chat.

Booked it in for Thursday between 8am and 6pm. Arranged to work from home with my boss. At 4pm I got onto live chat, got told he would still be coming. But didn't.

Rang the next day on Friday, got told it had been moved to today (not communicated to me in any way, this!).

I was home because I had already booked this day off work. So I stayed in all day again. And once again, the engineer is a no-show!

Fed up of being treated like this. Tempted to just cancel the order. Would be a shame because I want the 250Mbps speeds and can only get 60-70 elsewhere but their customer service is atrocious!

@Smeags wrote:

hmmmmm - the problem is you are talking to staff who are clueless - they work from their crib sheet and repeat without any idea how things actually work

install is 2 parts and lets be generous and hope that VM's dire install service works - your install date is the 24th - that is the connection from the xternal box to the internal box which they will fit and wire

before that can happen you feed a cable from the nearest cabinet to your property - that should be pulled through the duct under the pavement/road across your front garden/drive/path/whatever and left to the tech on the 24th - there is no fixed date for that - it will/should happen any day up to the 24th - so guaranteed today because thats what the numpties computer says - he/she knows no more and is not interested - when it does not happen the system changes the date to tomorrow - repeat until its done

its not secret info but there is no training for offshore CS - they know what little they know the rest they make it up as they go on

if it works you will be on line on the 24th - if they find problems feeding the cable - you could be here next christmas looking for answers and whist that time frame is rare its not out of the question

if thats all ok sit back and wait - if not then vote with your feet

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Keep a hold of all correspondence, that's £26.24*2 you are currently owed in compensation. I'm not really into betting but do you honestly expect Virgin Media to show on the 24th December to do an install? Have a think and make alternative arrangements if you need Internet over the Christmas period.