Menu
mickyotw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer failed to turn up + customer service troubles

Wanting to move from my current provider to Virgin but not having a virgin line (currently on BT line), I booked an engineer to turn up yesterday to install my broadband and they didn't turn up or notify anyone 🤨

Having spent a total of 2hrs today waiting, speaking then getting cut off by service reps, the next appointment is nearly 2 weeks away (they cut me off before confirming!)

I suggested that because of Virgins failure they arrange a mobile router and unlimited data simcard be sent out so those in my household can work - was fobbed off 'ill put some notes on your file' *click*

Does anyone have contact details of uk or a better level of support or had any luck with other channels?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer failed to turn up + customer service troubles

Try the Pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info? On.. 0800 052 1734

In the meantime - dont cancel any BT connections/contracts until such time as the VM one is up and running to your satisfaction - VM will not offer you a BB SIM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
mickyotw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John but unfortunately too late regarding not cancelling.

I've spoken to them and they were the team who hung up - will try again on Monday and buy a mobile router and probably an unlimited data sim from EE

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also, try the main number - at 08.00 and follow options 1,1,4,4, "thinking of leaving" and say you want to cancel if it cant be done quickly - they will look into it and should at least say why you arent being connected. It may be that they have found a blockage in the ducts that might require digging out. That can take 4-8 weeks or more.

Can you log into your account on the VM website yet and see if there are any clues in the notes

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
neo4403
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Almost same here. Field techs didn’t turn up yesterday, date updated to today. But no show today also. 
2hrs on phone with agent in Manila and they still said field tech should show up today. All crap. 

mickyotw
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've not seen such incompetence or poor customer service, I hope you get sorted and thanks for the tips guys

I may just go back to Plusnet with slower speeds but zero problems 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As you are not being charged anything by VM yet - only after your service has been activated does the timer begin. You could just leave the installation shindig to run its course. Meanwhile, sign up with Plusnet (or whoever can connect you quickly) perhaps on a 30-day contract (bit more expensive?). Then when (if) VM get your service installed and activated - then you have some time to see how it is performing and to cancel the Plusnet account - if VM is running well. If it isn't you can cancel the VM service with no charge.

Or just do that anyway if you had to get a 12/18mo contract with another provider, you can always return to VM when that other contract is up, knowing that you are now properly wired/connected for VM and also get the New Customer Quickstart deal at that time !

--------------------
John
--------------------