Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer didn’t show up for install

The engineer didn’t show up, my partner and I have to work from home and we have no internet. Please help, seriously let down and can’t get a response through any of your contact channels! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer didn’t show up for install

Was the install booked for today?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WOW, but to be honest I think VM are very streched at the moment, but you should have been contacted.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. 

The engineer was booked for Friday between 1 - 6. I’ve tried phone, text and web chat over the weekend and couldn’t get through.

I have received no communication from Virgin media other than a order confirmation email, where it confirmed to me the installation date and time. Please can you help fix this and get an engineer out quickly? If an engineer can’t come out I will happily take delivery and complete the installation myself, we just need to get online.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Only if you already have a VM cable run from the street to your home, and an internal VM wall socket. Otherwise an engineer is needed.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the apartment is already set up for VM. The only reason I selected installation by an engineer is because the engineer actually got in contact with me when 1st part completed the order. He offered install for free and even told me an exact time he would be here. 

I’ve tried contacting him direct by text and phone and can’t get any response. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Harryharrycoe wrote:

Thanks, the apartment is already set up for VM. The only reason I selected installation by an engineer is because the engineer actually got in contact with me when 1st part completed the order. He offered install for free and even told me an exact time he would be here. 

I’ve tried contacting him direct by text and phone and can’t get any response. 

Strange I am a vm tech and have never contacted a customer to set up time and date.

The job is sent out to me on the day it's to be installed..

You may have to start again and ask for a self install.

Vm is slowly backing away from visiting to install.

The job is only sent to me a the day it's to be installed. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

If that’s the case I would like confirmation that my first order has been cancelled. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the the sales promised you these things and not the engineer. VM are pretty streched. alot of engineers are self isolating. So if on the day of install your engineer might have had to stay home. With VMs off shore sites being closed it is making it difficult for them to contact customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VM never contact their customers anyway! They didn't contact me to say my installation was cancelled, I had to find that out for myself, and although I see they've done work outside, I've no idea what the plan is at the moment because they've not said anything. I don't know if it's going to be done this week, this month or this year. 

0 Kudos