Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer did not turn up, I have had no communication from virgin about if they will ever come

Hi,

I was supposed to have an engineer visit on Tuesday, June 2nd to connect my broadband as I have moved house and took my Virgin broadband with me. Noone turned up, I was not told they were not coming, I have not been told when/if they will come. Considering I waited 3 weeks to get the previous engineer appointment I'm pretty irritated.

I have waited on the phone line for 7.5 hours this week. I have also messaged the text service, it's been over 24 hours and still no reply.  I have no idea when I will get internet again or if ever. I am high risk so I can't leave the house which means I am struggling to work effectively, especially since I have to spend 7-9  hours a day trying to get hold of virgin.

The only times I do get hold of someone they transfer me to the technical faults team, I am then told by an automatic message that the team is having an emergency evacuation and then the line cuts off. Do you really have emergency evacuations every day?

I am still being billed for services too. It's been a month without services and being billed for them! Again I have not been told if or when I will ever get this money back.

I just want to know when I will be connected, in fact, any update at this point would be great. An explanation about why the engineer did not turn up would be appreciated as would an apology for the ridiculous amount of time and energy it has taken me to just move my services from one house to another.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer did not turn up, I have had no communication from virgin about if they will ever come

Hi LexiMills,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear the engineer did not show up- not the start we'd have wanted for you.

Have you been able to get in touch with anyone since your post on Friday?

If not let me know and I can pop you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer did not turn up, I have had no communication from virgin about if they will ever come

Hi, I have still had no email, written, verbal or text correspondence from Virgin about why the engineer did not come, if or when I will be getting internet, and why Virgin is still billing me.

I have been on the phone for a minimum of 3 hours a day since Tuesday last week and have still had no answers. I always get transferred to the tech team that is having a perpetual emergency evacuation, I have never had a response from the text message service and even when I do get hold of someone on the phone they can't help and just cut me off or transfer me around until I get cut off.

I am recovering from cancer and have a heart condition that is monitored by my apple watch if I collapse it calls emergency services. I live alone and rely on this for my safety.

Please, I am high risk I can't leave the house. I need to work. Can you find out what is going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us LexiMills.

I can look into this further for you but would need to send over a private message to you, so that we can clear account security and look into and get to the bottom of this. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos