Menu
Katejones558
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer booking

We have recently moved into our new house received our quick start pack ,but we have no phone points for our Ethernet cable how do we book an engineer to come s as nd fit us one?????

0 Kudos
Jayash2020
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer booking

Hi Kate VM tech here as you can imagine all our lines are very busy at the minute however we are offering a text service that you can use, send a message with you account number on and your problem and somebody will be in touch 07533 051809, hope this helps.

Like if this was helpful.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you received a quick start pack - VM "should" have checked your property on their database to check for the availability of a connection.. Look outside your house for the "omnibox" - usually a brown box. From that a cable should come into your house through a hole in the wall/windowframe etc. and end in your internal connection box. Are they just not there ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Katejones558
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All I got was this i don’t understand

Your message was aborted as you currently hold another conversation on a different skill channel.

0 Kudos
Katejones558
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

they are all there except the phone lines have been cut 

0 Kudos
SerenaJoy
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How long does it take to get a reply? 

0 Kudos
SerenaJoy
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Can you advise what I can do when sent a box that cannot connect. Sounds like a similar situation to the person above.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SerenaJoy
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate,

Can you help me to understand why, unlike the majority of other sectors, it seems that Virgin have not reopened call centres in the past 6 months? Will this be a permanent approach that customers have to try and find out from each other/ spend hours and hours to try and get answers to simple questions. 

Thanks for your help in understanding. I am a new customer who should be transferring to Virgin this week, but after my experience today aam definitely reconsidering the decision. (Particularly in view of the very concerning fact that they have not been able to set up their staff to work from home in more than 6 months, which does not reflect well on a communications provider.)

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos