Menu
mattatredland
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer appointment

Anyone know how I can arrange an engineer appointment as I am having building work and need to re-route the cable from the street.  

Happy to pay the £99 charge.

Called Virgin and spoke to engineer appointments, they will only send out an engineer if there is a fault and have refused to make me an appointment.  This means I will have to ask my builders to cut the cable before Virgin will send anyone which is utter madness.

Please help - 4 calls to VM and making no progress whatsoever.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer appointment

Hi not what you want to hear but virgin are not undertaking non urgent work at the moment. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well there's currently a pandemic happening, so non-essential works like this are currently being put on hold until it's more safe to carry them out.

Only essential jobs are currently being scheduled, such as those who have no broadband.

Deliberately cutting your cable to get an engineer out is a bit selfish, don't you think?

0 Kudos
mattatredland
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Agree that would be selfish and I've no intention of going down that route it was Virgin who said they would come out if the cables were cut/damaged.  The building work will continue, so I am a bit stuck for options.  Any help/advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mattatredland,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear about the cable work required. Due to current circumstances, we are unable to take part in non essential work. Please get back to us in May when we may be able to undertake such work and we will be able to best help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos