Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer Visit to Split Cables

Hi,

How do I book an Engineer service call to split my cable so I can send TV to one side of the house and the wireless router to another side?

A recent VM Engineer suggested I should do this to get a better WiFi signal in the property as it’s currently located in a poor position. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer Visit to Split Cables

Call 

Customer services on 0345 454 1111

They will arrange a technician to supply and fit the splitter and new cables. As it’s a non fault call out there will be a charge on £99.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or you could buy a secondary WiFi router from a local shop (Currys, Amazon, Argos) and connect with some ethernet cable and run 2 WiFi points which will give you even better reception and should cost less than £99 for a basic router, or you can pay more for a more advanced/more powerful router. You'll also be able to use it if you move providers.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VIP's are told today that the new charge for call outs in reduced to £25.

Good news.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 410505,

Some good news for you. As from today non-fault call outs will be charged at £25 and not £99.

To book the appointment you would need to speak to faults by dialling 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Info on costing  from https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/priceguides 

EDIT John beat me to it 😄

< Skulks back to TV Forums>

Non fault call-outNon fault call-out

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Whats the betting that some people will still be charged £99 even though the official price has changed 😄

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @410505

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm glad to see the community was able to advise on this, if you have any issues getting this booked in please let us know and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos