Menu
Scho567
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer Cancelled on Me

I’m posting this on behalf of my dad.

So he got a call yesterday from the engineer who was due to come out on the 19th saying that due to Covid they were not doing engineer installations and was offering to cancel the Engineer fee so we could just do it ourselves with QuickStart.

My dad agreed completely forgetting that we don’t have a virgin media wall socket. I know QuickStart isn’t offered unless we already have one however it was removed (we think at least, it’s definitely no where on the property) when we had building work done on the property.

Can someone please advise us on what to do? We’ve tried calling up but the wait line is so long as we don’t have time to be on hold for over an hour

We’re tempted just to cancel as we’re still in the cooling off period and if an engineer really can’t come out due to Covid we can’t have our broadband connected due to the lack of wall socket

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer Cancelled on Me

they are still doing installations - unless the engineer knows that they have Covid of course !

Try calling in at 08.00 you should get through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Scho567
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I'll do that today then. Not sure what the original guy was talking about then but I'll chalk that up to one off

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They may have asked your dad whether he was self isolating/shielding etc - and he may have answered "yes" and that is the "get out of jail card" !

Just say no and normal social distancing will be fine. If he is at high risk just get him to open the windows for airflow to clear any airborne virus particles, keep distant and wipe down surfaces afterwards - just in case 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos