cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Appointment

AlistairS
On our wavelength

My kit was delivered at the weekend.  However, the cabling and socket in the house are very old and it has a broken telewest box.  So I will need an engineer appointment to redo cabling and socket.  The house is currently being refurbished and I have tradesmen working there this Friday.

Would it be possible to have an engineer attend then or at the weekend please?

I have attempted to make contact via online chat and Whatsapp but am not getting anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and request a tech visit

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and request a tech visit

AlistairS
On our wavelength

So I left the router on the stairs with a note explicity asking for the router socket to be put in the loft for the appointment this morning.  I have tradesmen working at the house just now.  He said to my electrician, " we don't do lofts".  Strange because they installed in my loft a few years back.  He made no effort to contact me and the tech decided where it was going???install vm.jpg

install vm.jpg

AlistairS
On our wavelength

I spent the afternoon an Whatsapp and the phone  and they are supposed to be coming back on Monday to relocate it.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Technicians are not expected to go into lofts, perhaps make sure your avaliable for the visit so he can feed the wire into the loft for you to grab

AlistairS
On our wavelength

The loft is floored and as I said a 'helpful' technician suggested it and had no issues when I stayed elsewhere.  So if I am expected to go into the loft, I am expected to install the box too?

Hi AlistairS,

Thanks for posting this on our Forums, we're sorry to hear there was some confusion here. 

Our engineers may not be able to go into lofts due to health and safety regulations which may have been changed since your previous installation, unless the loft has undergone a full conversion into a loft bedroom of course. 

Please let us know how your next visit goes. 

Thanks,

Megan_L 

AlistairS
On our wavelength

Thanks for responding Megan_L.  Will do

AlistairS
On our wavelength

I have decided to cancel within my 14 day cooling off period.  Having major issues getting through to speak to someone.  Can this be dealt with here please?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues AlistairS,

Are you able to expand on the issues faced?

Regards,

Kain