cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endlessly delayed installation, nobody is coming to do the external work

louis-10
Joining in

I assume Virgin Media have fired their entire installation team and aren't interested in new contracts judging from the number of posts on here about delayed installs. Mine keeps getting pushed back and it's currently at over 1 month since it was supposed to be put in.

Has anyone ever been successful in forcing VM to pull their finger out? How do you get in contact with a useful team? I've been told the case was escalated, I've been promised 2x callbacks... nothing ever happens.

Supposedly I'm up to >£200 in automatic compensation but doubt I'll ever see that.

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi louis-10,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the delays with your installation. 

I am more than happy to take a look into this for you to see if I can provide any further information. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

louis-10
Joining in

The install is supposed to happen on Wednesday 23rd, but the pre-pull still hasn’t been done yet. Someone on the phone claimed it was a big job because I’m the first to get Virgin Media, but I’ve seen my neighbour (same building) has a brown VM box on the side of the building. Can they not just use that?

I have also been given excuses of blockages and council permits, which don’t make sense because I own the land out front that they would need to dig.

I was last told that the 23rd was my “guaranteed” install date and it would 100% happen on this date, which I just found laughable.

It seems to me the installation is never going to happen unless I can get ahold of the construction team and explain the situation face to face with them. But I’m not sure how to get in contact with anyone competent at this awful company.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @louis-10 

Thanks for your response

Unfortunately the team cannot just use the neighbours box, they need to make sure the property is fully serviced and wired. I do apologise for the delay with your installation but we hope this is resolved sooner rather than later and will keep you updated as and when possible.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

good luck with the compensation, i had the same run around, it took 3 months to get installed after numerous delays and guaranteed installation dates. 

I was told by 3 different people that i would be getting 3 months compensation, what did i get ? £17 bill credit. 

Every time I challenge it, i ask for a complaint to be raised for it to be looked into - but the complaint gets closed immediately with 'advice given' , nobody bothers to call to discuss - off the ombudsman next. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@louis-10 wrote:

…I’ve seen my neighbour (same building) has a brown VM box on the side of the building. Can they not just use that?…

It’s not just a case of them needing permission from your neighbours. The signal level has to be high enough in that location to drive two connections from the one cable. Also, if your neighbours have a powered booster already, they will be paying to power your connection as well as theirs.

The construction & cable pull teams are third party contractors, so there is no direct contact to them except through Virgin.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

A blockage can occur anywhere between the cabinet and your property, and VM needs council permission to dig up a pavement.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hello Martin_N,

I am also in the same boat, Virgin call centre full of empty promises and install never happens.

It would be nice to get help from someone who actually cares.

PM me please.

Thanks.

Hi @NeilM7 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look to raise a complaint for you and assign this to the pre-installs team.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W