Menu
JML70
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

End New Contract

I signed up to a Virgin Media account on 25th account which as part of the deal provided a Virgin SIM. I now wish to cancel both the Virgin Media and Virgin mobile contracts. Below is a message I've posted concerning the whole contract but what specifically do I need to do to end the Virgin Media element?

Regards

I signed up to Virgin Media on 25th Nov and the installation was due to complete on Dec 18th. Earlier today a couple of Virgin engineers came to lay the cable from the pavement to the house. As this would need to be laid beneath block paving the engineers were very reluctant to proceed and said they couldn't guarantee the paving would be replaced to the same standard. They said often in these circumstances the customer would cancel as the work involved was a "nightmare".

Accordingly I have decided to cancel my arrangement with Virgin. Having already been kept on hold for more than an hour trying to talk somebody about this I'm hoping to get better service by placing this message.

So what do I need to do to make sure :-

The planned visit on 18th Dec doesn't happen
That I do not get charged anything for the direct debit I have authorised
I also have a Virgin Sim as part of my package - how do I also cancel that element?

I look forward to a speedy response as telephone support is seemingly non existent.

Regards

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: End New Contract

I've moved your post from the mobile section. As the SIM was part of the deal that too will end when you cancel 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

calling any VM number is best done at 08.00 - people on here are reporting getting through fine with no waits.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) follow options 1,1,4,4

You can also do it In writing to...

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Include name address and all account details. Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The back of your copy of the contract you signed should have cancellation details listed - bottom left. Mine had a slightly different postal address listed than the one currently shown on the website and cited above.

This variation of answer depending where you look/who you speak to seems very on brand based on my recent experience...

0 Kudos