Menu
W_D_F
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

EXTERNAL Brown VM box cover

We had an engineer out on TUE who had to remove the EXTERNAL Brown VM Box cover to gain access to the wiring - it was NOT replaced correctly & is now hanging with the wiring exposed to the elements.  I logged this complaint & to date (3 days later) it has NOT been rectified.

We have recently (1 month ago) had the external wall rendered & painted & now the VM box hanging off with broken seals looks awful!

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: EXTERNAL Brown VM box cover

Did you really expect such a low priority job to be fixed in 3 days?

People who are struggling to work from home due to faulty connections will take priority at the moment.

Note that your complaint may take upto 28 days to be resolved, as explained on the website.

0 Kudos
W_D_F
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

With respect, I was told no more than 48hrs NOT 28 days

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you call or did you make an official complaint?

If you called then the problem is normally fixed within 7 days, but due to the backlog caused by covid, it might take longer for non-urgent cases.

Complaints take longer and can take upto 28 days to be resolved.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @W_D_F,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear of this issue that you have with the covering outside of your home. Has this since been addressed and resolved since your posts, or do you still need our assistance with this today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
W_D_F
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have today chased VM for fixing the damaged VM Brown cover; i have been told they need to charge me £99 for a call out for an engineer to rectify the previous engineers work, sorry NOT ACCEPTABLE! Have put in a formal complaint & now have a reference No

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @W_D_F

We are very sorry this has been the outcome. Did you book the engineer appointment or is this something you have left for now? 

I am more than happy to take a look at your account for you if not. 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
W_D_F
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sasha, no i did not book an engineer - I refused to pay the callout charge

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We are very sorry for this and more than happy to look into your account for you to get this arranged.

For faults with the brown box, we don't charge for them as it is classed as a hazard, so I am more than happy to take a look into your account to book an engineer for you. 

Please do let me know 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @W_D_F

I have booked you an engineer and have PM'd you over the details. 

This will be Free of charge, but if you do find you have any issues, please do let me know and I am more than happy to help you 🙂

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team