Menu
NovaBlack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dual connections

Hey all - just wanted to confirm something!

Am i correct in thinking that virgin media use independent infrastructure from other providers (e.g. isp's using openreach based networks e.g. zen internet)

Would there be any problems having both a virgin broadband connection, and a connection with another isp at the address simultaneously?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dual connections

Correct Virgins network and infrastructure is completely unique to others ISP's. Also yes you can have services with us and another provider at the same time.

All out network is either Cable (Coax) or Fibre (FTTP).

Are you currently with another ISP at the moment?

Thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dual connections

It isn't a problem, I have Virgin and BT, they both use different cables and Hubs / Modems.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos