cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driveway and Footpath

NM1990
Tuning in

Hi,

I have approval from Wolverhampton Council to lower 6 kerbs outside my house.

Virgin have sent x2 people to ensure we can get the work done.

They left no number and they said they would send an email to wolverhampton council informing them that the work can be carried out.

No email has been sent to wolverhampton council and no work has been done yet 

It’s been nearly 12 months since I paid the council for the initial process to begin 

can someone help please

thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Hi I have only paid the council for the application fee,  I have not paid VM but ofcourse will be happy to do so, but no one from VM has explained paying for a survey if thats what it takes how would i go about arranging this because it's really difficult to get through to the right department.

Thanks 

This isn't making sense. Normally you have to pay VM a non-refundable £240 to carry out a survey and produce a report stating what needs to be done and how much it will cost (assuming that VM is actually prepared to do the work). If the pavement cover isn't suitable to be driven over the council isn't going to issue a permit for a kerb drop unless VM is prepared to strengthen or relocate the pavement cover.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

As usual, VM make it very difficult to contact anyone in their organisation.  Your best bet is for a forum staff member to pm you a suitable contact or to pass your enquiry on to them.

Be warned that the survey fee is only the start. If actual work is required it can prove very expensive.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Looking again at the photo, it appears that the cover is rather higher than the existing crossover in front of the garage.  If you want the same slope on the new crossover, the cover and its supporting chamber will need to be lowered and tilted.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

adding to the 2 posts above who from VM has been out - you mention 2 separate visits - do you have names and anything in writing not that i think whoever it was was qualified to say all was ok - as above something just just not make sense

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us  @NM1990, I would be able to let you know of a contact email address but we would need to do this via private message.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us  @NM1990, I would be able to let you know of a contact email address but we would need to do this via private message.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

why by pm - afaik its in the public domain - its certainly been posted on here many times - sure a search will find it - this place gets worse - pm for this - pm for that - i dont know why VM just dont make the board private - that way they could hide everything

Tony.
Sacked VIP