Menu
sunjiankun02
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Driven mad by the set-up issue of Hub 3 (and the worst customer service)

I just received the VM package today and try to connect to the Internet. I connect everything as instructed, but I cannot get connected to the Internet. The wifi light is steadily green but the power light at the bottom is flashing green. I think the only difference between what I see in the flat and the online instruction is that I do not see a wall pocket with VM sign on it. I can only see an internet cable available in my flat. It seems that the cable is connected from somewhere upstairs. However, the letting agent told me that most broadband supplier should work well in this flat. The online availability checking with VM also suggests that they could provide service to my flat.

I have spent more than six hours trying to fix this issue: troubleshooting as instructed online, checking service status, running test, calling the tech team, calling the connection team, sending messages to Virgin Media, making a complaint. However, I just got reply so far!!! I am really in an urgent need of Internet, as I am teaching online next week. I hope to fix this problem as soon as possible. Anybody know how I can fix this problem or the fastest way to get reply from Virgin Media? I hope to book an engineer as soon as possible if I cannot fix this by myself.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Driven mad by the set-up issue of Hub 3 (and the worst customer service)

@sunjiankun02 wrote:

I just received the VM package today and try to connect to the Internet. I connect everything as instructed, but I cannot get connected to the Internet. The wifi light is steadily green but the power light at the bottom is flashing green. I think the only difference between what I see in the flat and the online instruction is that I do not see a wall pocket with VM sign on it. I can only see an internet cable available in my flat. It seems that the cable is connected from somewhere upstairs. However, the letting agent told me that most broadband supplier should work well in this flat. The online availability checking with VM also suggests that they could provide service to my flat.

I have spent more than six hours trying to fix this issue: troubleshooting as instructed online, checking service status, running test, calling the tech team, calling the connection team, sending messages to Virgin Media, making a complaint. However, I just got reply so far!!! I am really in an urgent need of Internet, as I am teaching online next week. I hope to fix this problem as soon as possible. Anybody know how I can fix this problem or the fastest way to get reply from Virgin Media? I hope to book an engineer as soon as possible if I cannot fix this by myself.

Thank you very much!

Have you tried the activation line:

0800 953 9500

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As carl says - it probably hasnt activated properly yet. Calling at 08.00 (09.00 Sun) is the best time to call any VM number to get through quickly.

There is a small chance that there is a connection issue on your line as VM dont test that before sending out quickstarts. So if it still doesnt work post activation - then call it back in as a fault and see what they say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sunjiankun02
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your reply. I did not do that before I see your message, but just called it. I have asked them to send the signal, and it said that I need to wait for an hour. Is that normal?

Actually I did not have this activation step when I use VM's service last time. Is it a necessary step now?

0 Kudos
sunjiankun02
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunjiankun02 wrote:

Thank you very much!

Have you tried the activation line:

0800 953 9500

Thank you very much for your reply. I did not do that before I see your message, but just called it. I have asked them to send the signal, and it said that I need to wait for an hour. Is that normal?

Actually I did not have this activation step when I use VM's service last time. Is it a necessary step now?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@sunjiankun02 wrote:

Some HUBs aren't pre-activated.

They should be really.

0 Kudos
sunjiankun02
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
As carl says - it probably hasnt activated properly yet. Calling at 08.00 (09.00 Sun) is the best time to call any VM number to get through quickly.

There is a small chance that there is a connection issue on your line as VM dont test that before sending out quickstarts. So if it still doesnt work post activation - then call it back in as a fault and see what they say

Thank you very much for your reply! Your information is very helpful. I have just called the activation line as you suggested. I did not know that we need to do this now (I do not remember that I called the activation line last time when I install broadband of VM). It says that I need to wait for an hour. I will just wait and see. If it is not resolved tonight, I will wake up early and call VM.

0 Kudos
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same issues here.

I think I've got a fault on my line, but they just sent me a quickstart without bothering to test it first.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Flex_96 wrote:

Same issues here.

I think I've got a fault on my line, but they just sent me a quickstart without bothering to test it first.

You can't test a copper line without something connected to it.

0 Kudos
Flex_96
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Even more reason not to send "QuickStart" kits when, as a company, you have no idea if it's actually going to start quickly, then.

0 Kudos