Menu
colincbrash
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Drilling

Hi there,

Who drills the hole to bring the cable into the house, is it the external work team who come first or internal setup team who place the box on the inside?

Cheers

col

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Drilling

The latter. What's the issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

colincbrash
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok great, many thanks for your quick reply!

I only ask because after they left I noticed a hole in the external wall near the box that had been plugged. Didn’t remember it being there before and at that location the hole ends in the cavity, not through into the living room.

thanks again 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The outside team do drill, but only to screw a box onto the wall (and sometimes they don't even do that).  The internal team typically drill through to get the cable into your house after they've asked you where you want it to come through. 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If possible I would consider drilling your own hole in advance. I let Sky man drill hole for the cables and that was a mistake. These guys are in a hurry so they put the drill on hammer mode and just push hard until a large blow out exit side. Mine was size of my palm so I had to use filler to repair this and paint it.

Before the Virgin man came round I purchased a 6mm long drill bit from ebay and slowly took my time to make a tidy hole. By the time the drill bit went through wall the hole must have been 10mm enough for the cable..an no damage at exit side 😁

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.