Menu
Raymie78
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Download speeds, intermittent faults. Poor customer service

This is absolutely abysmal customer service. If I have a problem with my broadband that you, virgin have acknowledged, why do I have to post a message on a community forum? This is is utterly unacceptable. I've had intermittent broadband faults for a few weeks now. Normally in the afternoon where my broadband speeds drop down to 8mb or goes down completely. Normally the same time I have important work calls.... You have a minimum guarantee of 54mb in our contact... Therefore you fail to meet that most days of the week, should I fail to make my monthly payment as a consequence 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speeds, intermittent faults. Poor customer service

@Raymie78 wrote:

This is absolutely abysmal customer service. If I have a problem with my broadband that you, virgin have acknowledged, why do I have to post a message on a community forum? This is is utterly unacceptable. I've had intermittent broadband faults for a few weeks now. Normally in the afternoon where my broadband speeds drop down to 8mb or goes down completely. Normally the same time I have important work calls.... You have a minimum guarantee of 54mb in our contact... Therefore you fail to meet that most days of the week, should I fail to make my monthly payment as a consequence 

This will only cause you problems (credit rating), not VM.

0 Kudos
Raymie78
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks pal. Will also lose me my job if I have to continually miss meetings due to VM

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Raymie78 wrote:

Thanks pal. Will also lose me my job if I have to continually miss meetings due to VM

Well rather than go off on one maybe we can help you?

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

Raymie78
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will try those this evening 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

VM staff can take a few days too get in touch in the forum as they deal with oldest posts first, and currently they are very busy.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Raymie78, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear you've been having some problems with the services too. I wasn't able to look into this using your forum details alone, so in case this is something you still need help with now I will get in touch via PM and will do my best to help.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Andi481
Just joined
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been having intermittent problems since I reported in October 2020. Call centre people have really tried but can only do so much. In December they gave me a case number and said a manager would call me, I have a daughter with a  learning disability who is being kicked off zoom calls and private tutor lessons. To date no manager has had the curtesy to call and help. Called again tonight after a lenghlty wait caller picked up looked at my file said need to put you on hold and the voice promptly said other line has cleared. Please VM can some one assist

0 Kudos