cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does moving from 350 to 500 broadband require new modem

nancyp
Tuning in

Hi

I’m out of contract and the new contract automatically upgrades me to 500 from 350 but I’m happy with my set up and service so don’t want to do this if it means having to get a new modem/installation.

can’t get through to customer support to get an answer? Does anyone know?

thanks 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

A Hub 3 or later will be fine for M500.

Hub 3's support services to M600,   Hub 4 & 5 support services to Gig 1.

Ok fab!

they’ve offered me a 1000 for the same price but I’ve got a set up which someone else put in with extenders/boosters that’s working brilliantly and I don’t really want to pay them to come and re do it with a new router and I wouldn’t know how to do it myself 

Hi @nancyp 

Welcome to the community forums. 

I can see that our helpful community member has assisted you in your query.

You will only need a hub change if you wanted to upgrade to the 1GB speed. So your Hub 3 will be fine for the 500m package speed. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ....  Stay with the Hub 3 and all your working kit.  That way you can get the speed upgrade, and you don't have to change or interfere with any of your existing installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks