cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody know how to stop Virginmedia's spam

teje
Joining in

Somehow when I registered with Virginmedia they picked up my work email address from my browser's account.

I already updated it and added my personal email address in my account, I have also unsubscribed of everything I could unsubscribe.

Nothing seems to work, every other day Virginmedia sends me a useless email to my work email account. How can I stop this without quitting my job? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @teje, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've not been able to reduce the spam that's been going to your work email address. It can take up to 28 days from the day you unsubscribe to marketing emails for it to take effect.

Also in the meantime it would be best to follow the advice given by @Adduxi to set up the rule to send the unwanted emails to spam.

If after this time you continue to see a large number of emails please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the meantime, setup a rule to delete the VM spam as soon as it comes into your work mailbox,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @teje, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've not been able to reduce the spam that's been going to your work email address. It can take up to 28 days from the day you unsubscribe to marketing emails for it to take effect.

Also in the meantime it would be best to follow the advice given by @Adduxi to set up the rule to send the unwanted emails to spam.

If after this time you continue to see a large number of emails please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I didn't even imagine something like this could take 28 days, I'll wait then, but consider unsubscribing people by hand in the future.

Setting a rule helps so that I don't get annoyed, but the email, that has nothing to do with my work, already went through my work systems all the way to my email account folder.

Anyway, thank you all for your help. If I don't post here again is because I didn't get any more emails after the 28 days and I'm again a happy bunny.