Menu
Highlighted
Lambourn
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Does Virgin Media dig in the cable between the road and the house - I have been waiting 4 wks?

I have ordered M100 fiber broadband. The virgin duct is on the pavement which is about 30 meters away from the house. They came for the install appointment and went away again. Nothing heard since, that was 4 weeks ago. Do they eventually come and dig the cable from the road to the house? I tried to call the Installation services but gave up after waiting for over 20 minutes on the phone (twice). Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does Virgin Media dig in the cable between the road and the house - I have been waiting 4 wks?

Installations are done by two teams. Team one, usually contractors, pull the cable through the existing street ducts to the front of your house. The should bury the cable from street tee to the Omani box that is mounted on the front of your house. The second team, nearly always VM technicians will do the internal install. There does not seem to be much communication between the two teams. Often the two teams come on different days. Looks like the VM team two arrived first and found team one had not come. Sometimes team one will just leave a coils of cable at the street and team two will do the rest of the install. Best best is to keep phoning to find out the status. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal