Menu
jonnyporter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Does V6 box need activating?

Hi all

My V6 box is not working, just showing a blank screen. I've just replaced my old TiVo box and router. The 'Starting Up' screen shows fine then goes a bit 'snowy', and I can see the welcome screen but then goes blank. I've tried rebooting several times. The TV is fine, works well with other sources, and the internet is totally fine.

Occasionally the sound will drop in for a fraction of a second. Its going through my receiver which works fine for other sources. The 'Cinema DSP' light flickers as though it is getting half a signal and trying to lock onto it.

Perhaps it just needs activating, I did not send a GO text as I didn't get a text from Virgin, but I got a text saying it was activated, but that might have been for the broadband not the TV box. It seems I've got the speed increase I was mean to be getting on the new contract too.

Does it just need something switching at the Virgin end?

I can provide my details in a PM if there is anyone around who can help, please? 

Thanks

Jonny

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does V6 box need activating?

Hi Johnny,

I'm sorry you are having issues. It does sound like the V6 box hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the V6 serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
jonnyporter
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does V6 box need activating?

Thanks, I've tried running the test, so will have to give the numbers a try.

Two days before Christmas and in the midst of a pandemic, I'm not holding my breath during the wait.

0 Kudos