Menu
Jakkeo1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do external works people work Saturdays

I’ve an appointment booked for external work on Saturday 20th feb. Will this definitely happen?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do external works people work Saturdays

External works can happen anytime up to and beyond that date if I'm honest, its most like that that date is your place holder installation date.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Jakkeo1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I chose for it to be that date on the app as legal completion for the house isnt til the 19th, the engineer is coming on the 22nd

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Has it been confirmed external work is required? As I said it can be anytime up to that date depending on when the work gets assigned and how busy or not busy the external team are.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's far too early to say, they'll attempt it on that day, but it may be rescheduled closer to the time if the property doesn't currently have a Virgin connection.

In short, don't depend on the the fact that you'll definitely have an internet connection by the 22nd. It might happen on that day, but it also might not. 

0 Kudos
Jakkeo1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It will definitely need the brown box outside as its a new build. I’ve spotted a few of the neighbours with the brown box but I dont think virgin comes as standard, think its openreach.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately its early days and I know personally these works can have a way of lasting longer than anticipated.

All I will say is be prepared in case they are unable to do the install as expected on 22nd...

I was delayed 3 weeks in getting my service active a new address in November because of same reason (cable in street but not to my house) nearly got delayed further as there was a blockage but some carefully use of some sticks extracted the blockage.

In my case it wasn't a new build and a service plate existed at end of my drive ready for cable, if this isn't the case on your new build then you may have to have that installed also.

0 Kudos
Jakkeo1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Im not sure tbh what they have to do tbh. I think I might cancel and go with BT or something this seems like too much faff. Shame because virgin have the best prices.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Jakkeo1 wrote:

Shame because virgin have the best prices.

Personally I've seen much better offers with other providers, however depends how you look at it, Virgin do give faster uploads but depending on where you live other providers will be better for many people.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've seen much better offers with other providers, however depends how you look at it, Virgin do give faster uploads but depending on where you live other providers will be better for many people.

I went with Virgin because they were cheaper than BT, until I asked to cancel BT and then they brought the price down until they were cheaper than Virgin, so I'm now with both for £45/month 🙂 

0 Kudos