Menu
LindsayS1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin Boosters work with Hub 4

I had Hub 3 which worked after a fashion but with a lot of equipment using the network I decided to get a hub 4 in the hope that it would solve connection issues and wifi speeds.

So far it has worked fine for a new Dell placed next to the hub. WiFi speed about 400mps and when I connect by ethernet ,still next to it speeds go up to c.600mps. 

The rest of the house is now very poor whether with wifi or through ethernet cables. The new hub doesn't seem to like older equipment such as laptops and iMac.

I am considering sending it all back to Virgin but want to know if their boosters are worth trying and whether they even work with Hub 4? I know the Virgin connect app to find poor connection spots doesn't work with it.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Virgin Boosters work with Hub 4

May I suggest that you download and install a Wi-Fi analyser to show if there are any foreign Wi-Fi broadcasts interfering with your own Wi-Fi signals and where there are poor signal strengths..

From there you can look at refining your own Wi-Fi broadcasts.

I use this one ...

WiFi Analyzer Premium - Apps on Google Play

wifi-2

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Virgin Boosters work with Hub 4

boosters in whatever form are never going to be as good a other options - a mesh system ora good 3rd party wifi hub will always be better - the wifi on all VM hube has never been great and the 4 is only marginally better than the 3 at best - if wifi is important then you need to make other choices

you dont say what speed you are on - 500 at least - if you are on 1gig then you need the hub4 so sending it back would not be an option

Tony
0 Kudos