cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I really have to pay to have my brown box repaired?

FreKel123
Joining in

I've tried to enquire twice about having my brown box repaired. The door is hanging on by a thread and loose wires are exposed. It's very close to my neighbours front lawn and each time he cuts his grass or it rains, I wince.

Both times I have been told I would need to pay a £25 call out charge. I've put it down to miscommunication as both call handlers on both occasions didn't seem to really understand my problem/concerns. The fact that we'd have to pay is outrageous and unbelievable. The damage is no fault of our own. Surely Virgin should see a flaw in having boxes placed outside of properties.

Have other people really had to pay?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No, you should not have to pay to fix a broken omnibox.

One of the VM forum team should be able to arrange to have it replaced for you. If you want to post a photo of the damage, that might possibly assist.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No, you should not have to pay to fix a broken omnibox.

One of the VM forum team should be able to arrange to have it replaced for you. If you want to post a photo of the damage, that might possibly assist.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Omnibox and all it's contents are the property of VM.  It is up to them to maintain their infrastructure.  Any charges to maintain this should be rejected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FreKel123, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've not had any luck with booking for a repair on your external box. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

I've clicked the envelope icon in the top right hand corner and don't appear to have any message from you. I have messaged you.