Menu
jconlon1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do I need the isolator cable?

Just got the quickstart through the post and it's come with the isolator push fit cable for plugging into the wall socket and into the back of the router. My problem is that I have a cable coming through my virgin wall socket and no place for me to plug this cable in. It does screw into the back of the router. 

My question is do I need this cable to be plugged in? I noticed there's like a filter/adapter in the middle of the cable hence my question? 

Cheers for the help

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need the isolator cable?

Can you post a photo or two so someone can advise when they see what it is in the post

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jconlon1 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Just as @jbrennand has advised - are you able to do that please? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In particular, a picture (close up) of the internal wall box and especially of where the existing cable exit it.

In my installation, the wall box contains a different type of isolator so there was no need for the 'in line' version.

0 Kudos