Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do I have to plug my hub into my virgin wall socket, or can i plug it into this cable?

Hi, 

My quick start kit arrived today. Plugged into the virgin wall socket and up and running perfectly, however I have very poor signal on the top floor my my house where my office is (3 floors). I recently moved into this house and it looks like there are isolater extension cables in the first floor bedroom, the same connection that you attach the hub to the wall socket with.

Would it be possible for me to connect the hub to these cables on the first floor instead of the ground floor as it should boost my signal in the top floor, or does it need to be directly connected to the wall socket?

Thanks in advance

Adam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do I have to plug my hub into my virgin wall socket, or can i plug it into this cable?

Hello

Yes the hub can be plugged into any of the sockets in your house, you will have to remove the  isolator cap and place that on the one you have moved from.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I have to plug my hub into my virgin wall socket, or can i plug it into this cable?

Brill, thanks DJ.

Needn't have worried in the end, just ran another speedtest upstairs and I'm getting the full beans 100mb so no need to worry! I only just set it up this morning so maybe the hub needed to warm up first? Not a clue, very impressed either way!

Thanks for the help anyway!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Glad it is sorted, stay safe.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos