Menu
ceepeebee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do I HAVE to speak to Virgin? Do reps on here manage accounts?

Hi all,

I've just spent another 20-minutes on the phone to Virgin following an email I got from them saying "we need to speak to you about your order" following a broadband upgrade I chose.

Those 20-minutes were spent outlining the security (fine) and then the fact that my Wife is at work and because they STILL, after 7 years, haven't changed the account holder over to me from here as we've requested at least 5 times over those 7 years, no changes can be made. Again, I understand.

However the rest of those 20-minutes was giving THEM information about the services I take, the amount I pay, the order I made, and the problem I have with it despite the fact all this is on my account, which they agreed they could see.

This is why given the chance, I'd leave tomorrow. 

So, my plea is to anybody working at Virgin who can assist, please reach out - I only want to know what YOUR problem is with my order - I don't have one 🙂

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I HAVE to speak to Virgin? Do reps on here manage accounts?

They can do certain things with your account, but they still require you to pass security the same as when you call up and if you not down as the account holder you'll most likely face the same problems, as they can only deal with the account holder. 

The fastest way to sort this out is still to ring up and talk to them as that's faster than exchanging private messages on here. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think we need to expand in detail on the excellent advice you have received from @Z92 in reply to your first post.

I need to be straightforward. VM will only talk to the account holder. That is the person who originally signed the contract or signed up to receive the services.  That is why all your attempts to discuss with VM what is going on now have and will always fail. And the same would be true of any discussions on this Forum. Despite the fact that you have asked VM to change the name on the contract that simply is not the process. Goodness knows why VM haven't told you this but as they haven't and as you haven't been through one of the two necessary processes (apparently) that whole thing gets stuck. You need to appreciate that VM adhere strictly to the standard data protection rules which mean they will only talk to the account holder and what is more all VM contracts are regulated contracts and can't just be moved to a different person on request; even if that person is your wife.

You need to have a look at this help page. You have a couple of options to work through (change of name and change of account holder):

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-change-name#change

This may help unblock the situation you are in.  But the other thing that puzzles me (and you don't have to answer this) is why your wife can't spare a few moments to chat to VM. Their call centres are open from 8am until 8pm and at weekends.

It is hard to be more helpful than this because we can't get into discussions on the Forum about what VM may be getting at in relation to your services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue with Sky TV. Account was setup by wife 14 years but she dont like to spend time on phone with Sky rep. So every 18months when its time to negotiate a renewal I have to pass the phone to wife to pass security before Sky discuss with me.

I requested transfer of account in my name but thats not possible and ony option is to cancel the current contract and take out a new deal in my name.  But with Sky you get better deals as loyalty customer compared to new customer so no issues calling them every 18months and same drama 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
ceepeebee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So, I spoke to Virginmedia in the end, got my Wife (who was working previously which is why she couldn't come to the phone) on the phone and then got it passed over to me to discuss the upgrade. I waited, on hold with the rep, 25 minutes whilst they validated my "order" only to then tell me happily they can 'match' my online offer. Firstly, it's not an offer, I "ordered" it...I have an order number.

I was then told that despite the online offer (that popped up when I logged into our account on the VM site) they wouldn't offer me the 1-month offer, but instead an 18-month contract. The rep couldn't grasp the difference between ann 18-month introductory offer on a rolling 1-month contract and a 18-month introductory offer with a minimum 18-month term.

So, after a little over an hour, I rang off without ordering as the offer changed once I rang.

THIS is why I'd leave VM in a heartbeat.
0 Kudos