cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted - not installed/delays

gallearsc
Joining in

So angry meant to be installed yesterday, left sky so no TV and no internet and 2 young children. Still no install now received no communication from virgin, I had to do all calling and woke up to email today saying install now 12th not acceptable can someone get a manager to contact me because when I call they fob me off and still waiting for call back 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A not uncommon issue nowadays. See this old post....

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things aren’t straightforward and cable re-pulls are needed. Dont cancel any existing provider until VM i installed and you are happy with it.

So dont bother chasing VM. Just let the installation play out. Do nothing. You will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

Re. Install compensation - see Tony’s excellent advice in message 7 here….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Join-the-club-FAILED-INTERNET-INSTALLATIO...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

gallearsc
Joining in

Can anyone who works for virgin actually message me in private or something I need to speak to someone 

Saying now after phone call 6-8 weeks for installation. Absolutely disgusting and ridiculous 

Mine was supposed to be done the 2nd August, now been pushed back to 6th september 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately the sales people do not (or more likely cannot) check whether there will be any delays in installation. If they did, you might go away. They just want to get you signed up.

Remember that even those new dates are still only estimates and could change again. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey gallearsc, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about your install experience.

These type of jobs can get delayed due to planning permission.

However I want to look into this and get to the bottom of it, I am going to send you a PM.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?