Menu
colmblake
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disconnects, criticals and poor connections

Hi,

I have been having issues with my Hub 3.0, see logs below.....

02/06/2019 05:11:18ErrorDHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
03/06/2019 05:59:4ErrorDHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
04/06/2019 06:10:35criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
07/06/2019 03:40:54ErrorDHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/06/2019 05:14:11ErrorDHCP REBIND WARNING - Field invalid in response;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/06/2019 20:15:15criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/06/2019 00:30:1ErrorDHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/06/2019 09:19:28criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/06/2019 12:56:44ErrorDHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/06/2019 13:34:54criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I'm not so concerned with the DHCP error but I believe the "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" is the cause of our issues.

I have done the tests and rebooted etc. Also, I have gone through forums and the "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" required a site visit by an engineer

Any suggestion would be great, thanks for reading 🙂

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnects, criticals and poor connections

You are right about the DHCP messages, they can safely be ignored.

The T3 messages are not too bad as long as they're not too frequent. What happens is that the Hub periodically sends out a ranging request message to the CMTS and waits for a response (basically an 'are you still there and should I be doing anything different' message). If it doesn't get a response back you get a T3 timeout. If it misses 16 (I think) in a row, then you get the T4 timeout and the Hub will reinitialise the network interface to try and reestablish the lock. This will manifest itself as a network connectivity loss.

Critically the logs don't show the successful ranging requests and responses, just the failures but if you look at the times they all seem fairly spaced out - sometimes the CMTS or the Hub are just too busy to responds properly and miss a message and this is generally nothing to worry about.

From the logs, I can't see anything critically wrong though, so what problems are you having with the Hub?

0 Kudos
aron_warner
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In this case, you have to think about your network connection, if you faced any electric issue then you have to solve it by an electrician. But if there any kind of problem regarding software issue then at first do one thing restart the router if then it's not working then check the LAN validity and wiring. After that do one thing restart your system and then it will work out. if it is no happens then check the printer connection with the router sometimes it faced the issue for the printer when I was using canon mg2922 then I faced the same problem for the printer.

0 Kudos
colmblake
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for helping out

we seem to have some issues with latency and possible disconnects, we stream all our TV and it can get laggy and pixalated.

I was working away last week and my wife said she started using 4G as the internet through the wifi was so bad....that's when i started looking at the logs and online support

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Would be better if you connect as many of your TV's (etc) as possible to the Hub by Cat6 ethernet cabling. Should then give them a flawless connection (if the VM connection is ok of course)

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
colmblake
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

Running Cat6 around the house isn't feasible, the TV's aren't in the same room as the router.

I wouldn't expect it to be an issue those as streaming has been limited to 720 and we don't have noisy airwaves

I'll keep looking at the configs and see if I can fine tune more performance out of it

cheers 🙂

0 Kudos