Menu
olliemarsh23
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disconnecting White Power Light Still On Hub 3.0

Ever since setting up my Hub 3.0 everyone in my house is regularly having brief disconnects from the internet, however, the devices never say that they have disconnected and the white power light on the hub stays on. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnecting White Power Light Still On Hub 3.0

How are you connecting your device[s], Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
olliemarsh23
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Two PCs with ethernet and everything else on Wi-Fi

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi OllieMarsh23,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if its causing some frustration. I'm also sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

As its been a few days since you last posted, can you let me know if things have got any better now? 

If you're still having issues, I would recommend doing a BMQ test over the course of the next 24 hours and post it here on the forums so we can see. I would also ask that you perform a Speed Test on your PC thats got a wired connection and post the results here too.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM make no reference that they have looked at the hub levels - maybe they have in which case it would have been useful had they said they were ok or not so lets start with that

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

not sure what the purpose of a speed test is and how it will add any info to why connections are dropping 

Tony
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

not sure what the purpose of a speed test is and how it will add any info to why connections are dropping 

A speed test can show connection issues and is easier for a customer to do than other more technical measures, so if they are getting 10mbps on a 100mbps connection they'll probably then ask for more info via PM so they can remotely check the hub stats? 

0 Kudos