Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected a week early

Moving house next week and my service has been disconnected today. I’ve spent four hours on the phone had a mixture of lies, three ‘mystery’ call disconnects, one promised to call back in 5 minutes as he had to reset computer then finally a disconnection after 45 minutes of listening to crap hold music. 

Can anyone sort this out as it’s beyond a joke 

Im now on hold to tell them not to bother connecting me when I move , see if that gets any joy 

Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected a week early

I’ve just joined and frankly couldn’t be more disappointed at the lack of service I am receiving. Poor and I will be cancelling I don’t have time to be chasing them all day and missing work due to their incompetence!!!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Currently on hold after being told “this shouldn’t happen we’ll reconnect you straight away”

That was 20 minutes ago, obviously waiting for me to get sick and hang up ......

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The service is great when it works I’ve been with them 15 years but when you have a problem they are really terrible 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Over 24 hours since my first contact and still no internet. Spoke to customer services again this morning and got told could take up to 72 hours, what a load of bollocks.

Chat via the app hasn’t replied to me for 22 hours and the customer service text number which they sent me by letter hasn’t replied to me since I sent a request to them over two hours ago. 

Virgin have the worst customer service of any company I’ve ever dealt with, I know moaning in here wont do any good but you never know 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

t aRe: Disconnected a week early

Got a message back on the app after 23 hours and 30 minutes. Promised to sort it out immediately but had to transfer me to another department, great news, however that was nearly four hours ago...........

Still nothing on the text chat thing, impressive stuff VM 👍

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: t aRe: Disconnected a week early

Be careful. This happened to someone else just a few days ago.

When the service was reconnected, the user found that they had started a new contract. 

Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: t aRe: Disconnected a week early

I'm cancelling my new install after this experience and not going to bother with the reconnection till we move, customer service has been appalling, I'll go elsewhere hopefully they treat their customers better
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still not reconnected, the 48 hours maximum time I was told passed on Sunday morning, was then told it could take up to 72 hours...Guess what 72 hours came and went still not reconnected. The app message text have stopped answering both my accounts and the text number has now started ignoring me. 

I did get a reply on Twitter after 3 days who told me to phone up, you really couldn't make this up. 

I've had to buy a data sim to get us through the week (2 family members work from home) and will see what joys await me when I move house on Friday when we are due to be connected PM on the same day. 

If the service when it is connected wasn't so much quicker than what's available where I'm moving to I'd be off like a shot. In the mean time I'll just keep renewing this post with the ongoing saga in the vain hope it gets read by someone at VM, no doubt I'll get a PM saying I'll be reconnected in 48 hours.............

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still not reconnected, four and a half days now.

Todays corker from John on the Twitter team was that the reconnection is three working days from when it was reported. I asked why has everyone else on I've spoke to regarding this quoted a maximum of 48 hours from when the report was raised. The reply "That I cannot answer as I have not been privy to the calls"

A couple of hours later the app message team replied on a separate thread that if they are going to request a reconnection it will take up to 48 hours which I screenshotted and sent to John but he's not got around to replying yet, funny that..........🤔

0 Kudos