Menu
johnnyh826
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected Broadband Kit Not Collected ; return package not received (last for 2 months)

Hi VM team,

I am writing to raise this significant issue regarding returning my disconnected equipment. Since as you all know, you will get charged for 40 pounds if not returned. The issue has existed for 2 months and I believe it is time to get it solved. 

I have moved home since the contract ended from Glasgow to London. My moving out date is the same as the service contract end date (31st July). By the time I moved out, I have phoned the VM team that I would be moving to London and they have confirmed that my address shown on the system has been changed to the one in London. Due to the COVID restriction, VM would send people to collect the disconnected equipment on our door steps, which is nice.

However, during the last 2 months, VM team kept sending people to collect my broadband at my old address in Glasgow instead of the new address in London. At this point I phoned to the VM team to confirm once again if the address has been updated because I thought it is not updated yet so they kept sending people to my old address. On the several days after the phone call, the people who  collects the device again arrived my old address in Glasgow (late August). 

I then phoned to VM team once again to see how can I resolve this problem. The VM team said you can order the pre-paid return package to your new address in London and return the package. From late August to today, I have been waiting for the return package but none has come to my mail box. I received emails regarding the penalty charge of 40 pounds if equipment not returned. I fully understand VM's concern and I have been trying to return the device back by following the instructions, but if VM team either kept coming to my old address at the other end of this country or not sending me the return package, how am I able to return the device that I am no longer using back to your team? 

Here is my timeline:

31st July: Service contract ended and internet disconnected; Address change confirmed by VM; Collection on my doorstep at the new address in London confirmed by VM

7th August: VM team visited old address in Glasgow; Address change confirmed by VM following phone call

18th August: VM team visited old address in Glasgow; Address change confirmed by VM following phone call

30th August: VM team visited old address in Glasgow; Address change confirmed by VM following phone call; Return-package ordered 

18th Sep: Email regarding confirmation for receipt of return-package received; Return-package NOT received; Return-package ordered again as instructed in the email.

2nd Oct: Email regarding confirmation for receipt of return-package received; Return-package NOT received; Email regarding penalty charge of 40 pounds received.

4th Oct: Virgin Media Community account created, looking for resolving this issue.

Below is the NON-reply email regarding confirmation for receipt of return package (yet NO return-package has been received). It has the details of my disconnected device to be returned. 

Item Type: Broadband Router

Item Description: Arris Super Hub

Serial Number: [MOD EDIT: Removed]

Hello,

By now you should've received the prepaid equipment returns packaging you need to return our kit.

Please follow the simple instructions that came with the packaging. To make things nice and easy, we use the Collect+ service for returns. You can find your nearest drop off point at collectplus.co.uk/storefinder

If you need any further help with how to assemble the packaging then check out our handy video

What you need to return

We have the below equipment currently not in use on your account and this is what you need to return:

Item Type Item Description Serial Number
Broadband Router Arris Super Hub [MOD EDIT: Removed]

As indicated in our Terms and Conditions, Virgin Media has ownership of all customer hardware, and we refurbish and re-use returned kit where possible. The good thing is, it's really easy to return the kit. And it won't cost you a penny!

Not received the packaging?

If you haven’t received the packaging to return our kit, you can re-order it here

Already sent our kit back? Thanks, and sorry to bother you.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

CPENC-P1-COM102

Please kindly note that my place is a building with loads of flats. If you are sending the package to me, please could you pop into my post box for my flat(77H) instead of leaving the package in the reception, since on the page for ordering the package, it doesn't have any options to enter my name and the reception may consider the package as suspicious package.

I believe no one wants to get charged for the non-functioning device, especially for those who have followed every single instructions. I hope one of your team could resolve this as soon as possible. 

Looking forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.

Johnny

0 Kudos
johnnyh826
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected Broadband Kit Not Collected ; return package not received (last for 2 months)

In addition, please could you send me a text message a day before to confirm the exact time on a day your team will be coming to collect the disconnected device (if your team do decide to send people to my doorstep to collect). Because most of the cases were I was out for work miles away and your team came to my place randomly on a day, which is impossible for us to return the kit in person every time you came. Once again, please make sure your team are collecting my disconnected device at my new address. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected Broadband Kit Not Collected ; return package not received (last for 2 months)

Hi there @johnnyh826

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that there has been such a delay and difficulty getting the equipment returned back to us. 

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that the address was indeed updated as our agents advises and packaging was posted to both the old and new address; I can only apologise that they never arrived. 

From looking at the notes, I can see that our dedicated equipment returns team have arranged a delivery of another pre-paid package to be posted to your London address. This was actioned on 6th October for you. If you do not have it as yet, you should get it by the end of the week. We are unable to contact you prior to the delivery I'm afraid.

Please do keep us posted - if you have nothing by the end of the week, I shall chase again for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
johnnyh826
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for following up the issue. I have checked the mail box today (19th Oct, 2020) and asked the receptionist. Unfortunately, I still have not received any package from Virgin Media. I wonder if the dedicated delivery team has post to the right mail box of my flat, since the building I am living has more than 200 flats and each of them has their own mail box. I clearly stated the correct flat number when I put the delivery address for the pre-paid package.

Are there any other ways to return my disconnected broadband device besides returning through the pre-paid package? 

Many thanks,

Johnny

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnnyh826,

Thanks for your post, have you been able to get hold of the returns packaging we've sent since your most recent post?

If not, drop a response below and we'll seek to resolve this for you as soon as possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
johnnyh826
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning David,

I have just checked the post box and my receptionist and, unfortunately, no return packing has arrived. 

I am aware that some of your colleagues said earlier on the customer service that due to COVID restriction, no return packing will be sent to the customer in order to protect the customers not catching the lethal virus. In this case, a person from the VM team will be sent directly to my new address to collect the device. 

Is this truly the case? If this is the case, please could you make sure to send people to my new address to collect the device? I will PM you my new address in full if requested by one of your team. That should make things easier. 

Looking forward to your reply at your earliest convenience 

Kind regards,

Johnny

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny, thanks for your response and I can confirm that we have been dispatching members of staff to visit addresses to collect equipment from customers.

I'll drop you a PM, if you can provide me with your current address and we'll seek to attend your address to pick this up from you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos