Menu
Jamesleigh1
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Different router

Hi, long story short. Virgin is being beyond useless at getting a router to me. I've already been waiting 2 weeks, and it's likely to be even longer. My connection went live 2 weeks ago. Which is pretty useless to me without a router.

Can I buy one from anywhere? A mate still has their old hub 3 that virgin never asked for back, I've tried that but it doesn't work. I assume they disable them somehow.

Is there anything on the market that will work with the virgin cable?

I can't work without internet and Costa is starting to get a bit sick of seeing me. Not to mention I'm getting caffeine shakes! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Different router

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You can only connect virginmedia equipment to the coaxial cable supplied by virginmedia there are no 3rd party cable modem in the UK that will work.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamesleigh1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the hub issue. I can see from checking the system we ordered you another over the weekend. This has a timescale of 1-3 working days. You should be able to log in and track the parcel through your online account. 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One thing to note is your connection will not be ‘live’ until the hub is registered on the VM system and you should not have to start payments until then. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos