cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I make a HUGE mistake signing up with Virgin?

vmediasucks23
Joining in

Have I made a huge mistake by signing on with Virgin for Broadband?

I have had so many issues with trying to get hold of them since I signed up a couple of days ago.

When I started, I had a readily available tech walk me through how to sign up and provide my band details of course.

I had mentioned to him that I must ensure that they added on my file NOT to go to my home unless myself or another person present since my elderly parents are ill and cannot answer the door or help with any install issues. The moment I was approved, the tech disappeared and I cannot get hold of them. 

I've tried chat, whatsapp and calling several times. 

Is this the norm with them? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Don't panic, sadly yes this difficulty to get in touch with any type of sales person is the norm. 

For new installation assistance the contact point is the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

We had dates from VM for the day that the initial fibre cable ( RFoG ) was laid and for that no one came into the house, they just got on with the work from the front boundary to the box on the wall of the house.

For all types of engineer work that requires entering the house we have always had prior warning of the date and time windows.  VM don't want to send an engineer on a wasted visit.

Do be aware the go live dates slip, especially if there are any snags with installing new cable / fibre.
So a key tip is do not call to cancel your existing ISP service until you have seen the VM Internet working perfectly for at least two weeks to a month.  A period of ISP overlap is far better than ending up with no home internet for an open ended period.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There is a sales team number of 0800 183 1234 and a pre-installation and delivery team number of 0800 052 1734 which you could try, depending on what stage your order might be at. No guarantees either will give you any sensible/useful information though.

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days and may offer to help.

Thanks yeh, I've tried both. 

I'm on hold for about 30 mins then a rep will come on and "transfer me" and back to square 1.  Just a bit worrisome. Ok, hopefully a VM team may respond.  

Client62
Legend

Don't panic, sadly yes this difficulty to get in touch with any type of sales person is the norm. 

For new installation assistance the contact point is the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

We had dates from VM for the day that the initial fibre cable ( RFoG ) was laid and for that no one came into the house, they just got on with the work from the front boundary to the box on the wall of the house.

For all types of engineer work that requires entering the house we have always had prior warning of the date and time windows.  VM don't want to send an engineer on a wasted visit.

Do be aware the go live dates slip, especially if there are any snags with installing new cable / fibre.
So a key tip is do not call to cancel your existing ISP service until you have seen the VM Internet working perfectly for at least two weeks to a month.  A period of ISP overlap is far better than ending up with no home internet for an open ended period.

Ok, that helps. 

Many times people have turned up and mum or dad are there and they are quite confused and get upset if some stranger is there. We'll see how it goes.

Incantations
On our wavelength

@vmediasucks23 wrote:

Have I made a huge mistake by signing on with Virgin for Broadband?

I have had so many issues with trying to get hold of them since I signed up a couple of days ago.

When I started, I had a readily available tech walk me through how to sign up and provide my band details of course.

I had mentioned to him that I must ensure that they added on my file NOT to go to my home unless myself or another person present since my elderly parents are ill and cannot answer the door or help with any install issues. The moment I was approved, the tech disappeared and I cannot get hold of them. 

I've tried chat, whatsapp and calling several times. 

Is this the norm with them? 

OK firstly you absolutely weren’t taking to anyone technical, you were actually talking to salesperson, who frankly would promise you that, as a special offer only available to a select few if you agree NOW, Kylie Minogue will turn up twice a week to vacuum your living room; wearing only a bikini, if they thought it would get the sale - because they are salespeople and that’s what they do.

Of course once signed up, they vanish quicker than morning dew in a heatwave, never to be heard of again, or even any acknowledgement that they ever existed!

And, to be fair VM certainly aren’t unique in this!

Anyhow, I can almost certainly promise you that no notes have been made against the account, the installers absolutely will turn up as and when they feel like it, they are all outsourced contractors and VM simply don’t have any mechanism, or indeed, desire to ask them to pre-arrange things, and even if they did, it is likely that these requests would be ignored anyway!

😂ok, well I think I would have cancelled immediately if wee Kylie were to turn up - I don't think she would clean well, bikini or not. 

Well I may just cancel then. I can't risk this - of course I'm sure it's SUPER easy to cancel once they have you snared in their poisonous sludge. 

@vmediasucks23 wrote:

😂ok, well I think I would have cancelled immediately if wee Kylie were to turn up - I don't think she would clean well, bikini or not. 

Well I may just cancel then. I can't risk this - of course I'm sure it's SUPER easy to cancel once they have you snared in their poisonous sludge. 

Oof...

Hi @vmediasucks23 👋.

Welcome to the community forums and thanks for your post. Apologies the issues you have been facing with your installation and I believe you have a few queries. We would like to bring you in for a private message so that we can look into this for you and answer all the questions and concerns that you have and update any people accordingly going forward. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina