cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery tampered with - should I be worried?

TMC95
Joining in

My Hub 5 has just been delivered.  The package had been tampered (opened with a huge hand-sized hole in the package).  I can't find anything that tells me what should have been in the box but I have worked out that the card with WiFi SSID/Password is missing.  What items should I have in the box and should I be concerned that my password card is missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The SSID and paswords are on the bottom of the Hub 5.  You can change these when you install the kit.  Also the admin password will have to be changed from this initial one, you have no choice as it's part of the setup process.  If the card is missing, it is of no value to anyone.  I'm trying to remember if my Hub 5 ever had one, as I don't recall using it.

EDIT - I've just checked and there is no card, and if fact no slot for a card to be placed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The SSID and paswords are on the bottom of the Hub 5.  You can change these when you install the kit.  Also the admin password will have to be changed from this initial one, you have no choice as it's part of the setup process.  If the card is missing, it is of no value to anyone.  I'm trying to remember if my Hub 5 ever had one, as I don't recall using it.

EDIT - I've just checked and there is no card, and if fact no slot for a card to be placed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@TMC95 wrote:

My Hub 5 has just been delivered.  The package had been tampered (opened with a huge hand-sized hole in the package).  

might be why some PSU have gone missing...

---------------------------------------------------------------