cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery changed to over a month later than expected

Rehtaeh
Joining in

Hello,

On the 10th of October, I ordered the M125 broadband and picked the 13th as the delivery date. Today I recieved an email stating that the delivery date has changed to 25/11/23, over a month past the date I was expecting.

I have just moved house and am currently living without internet, which will be necessary to have before too long. One of the reasons we chose to go with Virgin Media was because of the apparent speed in which it can be delivered.

I've tried to contact Virgin Media in pretty much every way I can think of before doing this to try and clarify what is happening as if this change is correct then we may decide to cancel and try another company.

Thanks,

Heather

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does the house already have a Virginmedia cable from the road, connected to a brown or grey box on the wall?  If not this delay could be the first of many. They first get you signed up and then think about getting a contractor to do the installation.

The record delay is thirteen months. Read down this forum for examples. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

read and you will see this is common - there is nothing to say it wont be delayed again and again until long into the future so look at your options but the one thing to do is not cancel even if decide the sensible thing is to give your money to a provider who can supply and has a decent CS setup

just let VM blunder on and collect the £5 or £6 a day compensation from your original install date to when they finally install - you may have to go to arbitration but its there for little effort - if you have then given your business elsewhere cancel VM in the first 14 days at no cost

you then know you have things in place should you use them in the future

if you cancel now they will just pull the plug on any work so back to sq one if you try again later

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thats the thing, there is a virgin media cable connected to the house and we're pretty sure that the previous tenants were with virgin media so that part shouldn't be a problem

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Now that is strange. If there is an existing cable, VM will normally send you a self installation kit. No waiting for a technician to install. I suggest you call in and ask for the self installation option. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah, I did go for the self installation one which is why i think this is weird

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There should be no delay for a self install. Looks like someone at VM has changed this to a tech install, probably in error. I think you are going to have to face their customer services again and insist on the self install or you are leaving. 

- jpeg1

Heather, yes it is a strange one, obviously something has gone really wrong with VM's setup. Either they are convinced that you need a 'manned' install or they have a really bad supply problem with equipment!

And; I've just twigged what your username means!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just like Trebor mints. 

- jpeg1

Hi @Rehtaeh 

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community and indeed Virgin Media. Apologies for the delivery delay, not the ideal start. I can see you've got this rescheduled since posting.

Let us know how you get on with the self-install.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill