Menu
Li0nheart1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delays

We moved house at the start of November and have been trying to get reconnected at our new address since the end of October. After being given an engineer date of 5th december that was then delayed to 23rd december and now again to the 23rd of january. I am concerned as to why the delays are so bad and why even bother to give these dates if they are just delayed again and again. our opposite neighbours moved in after us and have had their services installed before us! I did have some contact with an engineer at some point that gave us the original date but am now being ignored by them. Somehow i think the date will just be delayed again as keeping customers seems to be on the bottom of the list of priorities. I understand there are probably fewer engineers given the covid situation but it feels like we are not even on the list and our priority is being given away to new customers. Surely people are still getting their services connected but those trying to take virgin media with them must )like myself) be having a horrendous time.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delays

Was there a previous Virgin connection at your new house?  If not it may mean that some external work needs to be done.

0 Kudos
Li0nheart1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't know, I assume not since there is no VM wall connection. There was an old VM router in the property when we moved in though. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The external work, getting a cable from the street cabinet to the house, is done by a separate contractor and that takes extra time expecially if the pavement has to be dug, as that requires Council permission.

0 Kudos
Li0nheart1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that this could be the case but how am i supposed to know? The new date i'm given is obviously just a placeholder. Maybe i'll order services from another provider and let them race to see who comes first. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could do that. You have 14 days to cancel the contract after connection. 

0 Kudos