Menu
PMJ1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Delays in new installation

Hi Everyone, Can i ask for some advice. looking at the posts-I don't think the problems I'm experiencing will come as a surprise. I placed an order with Virgin Media at the beginning of November 2020, and they initially gave me an install date of 12/11/2020, which since then has been constantly delayed every week or 2 weeks until now I have a date of 20/02/2021. I spoke to the workmen when they initially came to try and connect me and they said they could'nt complete the install because they needed to do a pull through from the road-(even though both my neighbours have Virgin installed) and needed a permit for temporary traffic lights to gain safe access on the road etc which I understand, however -this is still not completed  12 weeks later! I have tried to contact them numerous of times , the customer services personnel have refused to put me through to a Manager they have promised someone will call me but they have NEVER done so. On 10/12/2020 I made a formal compliant via their website -which they promise to reply with 30 days, - They have not replied at all. All I receive is an email notification less than 24 hours before the install is due saying they need to do some work outside my property but this NEVER gets completed-or started! this has now been over 70 days delay. I noticed some posts where you only option available is to contact the contractor, Your help would be appreciated, Does anyone have any contact details of the contractor Virgin Media use? I live in the Wigan area.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delays in new installation

It could be the contractors or the local authority causing the hold up. Certainly if traffic control is required it would depend on how busy the road is. Some authorities embargo works on busier roads to weekends only which can cause further issues.

I know it’s not much consolation, but there are people waiting for installs from a lot of other providers at the moment as Openreach have suspended all their contract work until April.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks