cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

Pockets02
Tuning in

I’m having issues getting set up 

was supposed to get installed today but had a txt yesterday saying it is being delayed till the 22/11 so after going on the chat that was no use whatsoever I called to be told that the outside works have not been completed 

this seems to be there go to answer after reading posts on here 

I kept saying to the lad on the phone that all cables have been run as there box is at the top of the BT pole 

so finally got put through to the pre install team to be told that there is an engineer due to attend my property to connect me from the pole to my house ready for the my final installation by this time I had been on the phone for over an hour and the time was after 4pm so asked the guy are you sure they will be here today with it being late on in the day and was told they work upto 6pm 

And was advised once that work was completed to call up and they can get me an earlier install date (this week)

so low and behold they never turned up but someone from Virgin actually knocked on my door it was the inspector to check the work had been carried out and ready for my install (today) my partner told him that nobody had been and that the installation date had been changed to say he was not happy was an understatement he asked if he could check the area (the BT pole is at the rear of the property)

so my partner let him check and he told us that the work was meant to be carried out the week before and that everything is ready at the pole for them to connect to the property 

we were told he would chase this up and get it sorted asap 

so no phone call from virgin today so I called them to be constantly fobbed of from there customer service team and when asked to speak to a manager as I have been told so many stories the manager did not want to speak with me and hung up as soon as I got put through 

so I called back and had to go through the whole thing again so told the lad on the phone I wanted to make a formal complaint and wanted to speak to there manager 

to be told they need to transfer me to pre install team 

so gets put through and finally spoke to someone with sense and he told me there is no reason why the works have not been completed 

and he was escalating this up the chain to the team that deal with the BT pole install 

so I thought finally I’m getting somewhere and asked him to call me back before finished even if there was no replies and he told me they normally get back within a couple of hours and that he did not finish till 8pm 

but low and behold no phone call

ive not even had there service installed and I’m having issues 

you would think they would get people connected ASAP 

if anyone has had any success and got there service up and running quick let me know what you did to resolve the issue 

as I have no internet now as bt was ending yesterday and I have a very busy house 

many thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Read up on the compensation scheme for a delayed installation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Start thinking about some backup options to keep you going while you wait for VM to install such as an unlimited data SIM on a rolling monthly contract, mobile hotspot etc.

You may be in for a wait or your installation may happen very soon. Unfortunately you won't get any sensible answers you can rely on from VM due to the way their outsourcing and sub-contracting of the installation work has been set up.

Pockets02
Tuning in

Why has no one from VM even commenting on this post 

I called today and got transferred from one department to another as not one advisor wanted to take my formal complaint 

and even got hung up on twice lol

Client62
Legend

Perhaps if you are  quick BT can re-enable the service.

Pockets02
Tuning in

Too late I called they give a month to set back up 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Pockets02 wrote:

Why has no one from VM even commenting on this post 

<snip>

It can take several days before a VM forum team member replies. Bumping your post may actually slow the process.

reecejones100
Tuning in

Hi! Just reading your issue and I have a very very similar problem! I have moved house and was meant to have virgin up and running on 18th September. The external works hasn’t been completed and every time they come to do it it’s the wrong team and I have to explain to them it’s the digging team. Virgin customer service is awful every time I ring up I constantly get fobbed off. So now I’ve been told after having 3 appointments cancelled that it’s not due to be up and running until 27th December! How am I meant to let my family be with no internet or tv over Christmas just absolutely shocking! 

Pockets02
Tuning in

I had the inspector out the same day to check all works had been completed and he didn’t believe no one had been out to do the work 

all that’s needed for me is for them to connect my property to the BT pole outside the back of my property which is about ten foot away let’s hope we all get sorted soon 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the delayed installation.

I'd be happy to have this looked into for you, and will seek to liaise with the area field manager to see if we can have more information on the pending install, with the view to potentially have this brought forward for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn