cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

Frustrated35
Joining in

My husband died very unexpectedly a few weeks ago. He was the VM customer. I have spent more than 10 hours talking to VM. We finally reached the position where his broadband service was shut off on 2 Nov and my new kit and service was to be delivered on 3 Nov. I waited in all day (between 7am and 9pm) on 3 Nov for kit to arrive. At 8pm Yodel update their tracking to say kit won’t be delivered on 3 Nov after all. 

On 4 Nov I spoke to both VM and Yodel and no one was able to give me a time for delivery on 4 Nov. It’s now 5 Nov and kit still not arrived. Yodel site still saying no information available about delivery slot. I have now been without broadband for 72 hours, not the 24 hours I was originally advised.  I am trying to organize a funeral and wake for my husband of more than 20 years and no one seems to care or want to do anything to help,

I have just tried to access my account to see if I can get some information that way but just  get an error message so that I can’t access my account either.

At what is already a stressful time VM seem to want to make things as difficult as possible. I am just not able to wait in day after day in the vain hope that one day at some stage between the hours of 7am and 9pm they will deliver the kit and supply the service they promised. 

Both me and my son are now maxed out on our phone data usage because we have no access to broadband. Just what do you have to do to get VM to have some compassion and take ownership of this problem and sort this out?

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Frustrated35,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept our sincere condolences.

Apologies it took so long with our team to have your husband's services disconnected and now for the delays with receiving your kit. This isn't the level of service we aim to provide. 

I totally appreciate this is a difficult time and would love to help you further. 

I will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs