cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation - twice

AliceHoang
Joining in

Hi there,

I just moved into a new apartment and wanted the gig1 Internet from VM as no other provider offer that Internet speed. The installation was booked on the 16th of October, but the engineers came and told us more work need to be done around the property. Then the installation was moved to the 4th of November after talking to VM customer service. On the day, at around 8 am, we saw Kier - a construction and infrastructure company partnered with VM, parked outside our place but left not long after. 

I checked my account again, the installation on the 4th was removed and only the installation on the 8th remained. I tried messaging VM today to see why no engineer came but they didn't have an explanation for me.

I've been waiting for a month now and it's really frustrating not having proper Internet (I'm using mobile hotspot). Should I just cancel this and go with other provider but at a lower speed ? Or should I trust VM again to actually install my internet on the promised date? 

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM's (out of the normal) installation processes are the very definition of "omnishambles".

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract?

If so do it now. Let the VM install run its course. When it finally happens you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (be better if you took a 30-day contract).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AliceHoang thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of your delayed installation and rescheduled installations. I would like to take a look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R