Menu
Greavsie81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Delayed install and no answer.

Just joined and not great with forums so please accept my apologies if this question has already been asked and answered hundreds of times.

I have recently moved house and needed broadband.  I checked online and virgin had the best speeds in the area so I decided to check out when they could install.  During the sign up process I was given to provisional dates prior to Christmas, mush better than other competitors so I opted to sign up.  
Just before the installation date I had a text saying they’d be a delay and I had to “confirm” I was happy for external work to happen.  I confirmed this via text.

A cable was pulled in to the point just in front of my property and left sticking up out of the ground just before new year.

Since then nothing else has happened.  I have an appointment showing on my account for 6th Jan between 8-6 but no one arrived.  I have another order showing NaN.  On my app the order just roles over to whatever date it is that day.

I have contacted live chat but they are no help at all.  Tell me I have to ring and ask for the PIC team.  I have spent nearly 2 hours on hold and spoken to no one.

I messaged on Twitter, told to use the text service early this morning.  Got a text saying someone will call back within 4 hours, no phone call!

made a complaint 5 days ago and nothing but an automated response.

I understand the current climate, but currently I am left with no broadband and very poor phone signal which leads to me feeling very isolated during this lockdown.  No one wants to explain or help during this situation, I can’t get anyone to respond with an answer at all.  I am so stressed.

Hopefully someone out there will be able to provide and update to what is happening. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Greavsie81
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed install and no answer.

*update 1;

I have spent 1 hour and 34 minutes on the phone on Sunday afternoon.  I got put through to the installation team but again they couldn’t give me an answer.  She said she’d tried ringing the field engineer but it was going straight to answerphone (don’t know if this is true or not). She said I should expect an email within 48hrs to give me an installation date.  Again, nothing has happened, no email, no contact and no install date.

I have pm’d two virgin team members on here and nothing back off them either.  I am at my wits end!

0 Kudos
Greavsie81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

08009200-732E-4CFC-A333-8AF33A05C2A7.png

0 Kudos
Greavsie81
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had an update from Jon, who is trying to contact the regional manager.  Apparently there is a blockage somewhere when they tried to pull the cable in.  Does anyone have any idea how long this could take to rectify?  I am awaiting further updates but with the service I have received so far I don’t have much confidence it’ll be any time soon...

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Greavsie81 wrote:

Had an update from Jon, who is trying to contact the regional manager.  Apparently there is a blockage somewhere when they tried to pull the cable in.  Does anyone have any idea how long this could take to rectify?

Typically 2 - 4 weeks if it's simple and 6 - 8 weeks if its more complicated (or requires planning permission from the council) 

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update -

I have now managed to have this install completed,

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Greavsie81
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update...

Jon was incredible! His communication was spot on.  The two gentlemen who arrived at my property worked quickly ans neatly and we’re very polite! I’m very happy with the service from both Jon and the team that arrived here!!

thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Greavsie81 wrote:

Update...

Jon was incredible! His communication was spot on.  The two gentlemen who arrived at my property worked quickly ans neatly and we’re very polite! I’m very happy with the service from both Jon and the team that arrived here!!

thank you.

Not sure if you replied to @VM-Jon's post so I'm just tagging him in so he gets your reply!

0 Kudos