Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Delayed broadband installation

Hi,

I ordered Virgin Media broadband for the 4th November but received a call in the evening before saying that it wouldn’t be installed until the 4th of December as there was additional construction works required. Apparently they had gone out the day before and realised this work was required. I ordered the broadband in October and when I asked why they had only left it until the day before the installation to do the survey they couldn't tell me. I called on the 4th November on the date it was supposed to be installed and eventually got through to a manager who gave me £50 credit for the delay and promised someone would come out on the 5th November to do the construction works required. When I called Virgin Media on the 6th November I was told no one came out and they still wouldn’t be able to come out until the 4th December.

From tomorrow I will be without broadband which is unacceptable as I need as I work from home and my kids need for school. Maybe I'm naive but I would expect this sort of problem from a smaller company but not from a company the size of Virgin. It's completely unacceptable to tell me the day before that it will be delayed by a month. There was plenty of time to do the survey and construction works before the installation date and also to tell me there was an issue so I could find another supplier in time. I've spent the last 3 days on the phone trying to sort this and still don't know if I'm better sticking with Virgin or finding another supplier which will take about 2 weeks to set up. 

Can you please get back to me so I know when they will be coming out to do the construction works and why they didn’t do it before the installation date of the 4th November.

Thanks

Lewis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed broadband installation

Hi Lewis7, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry for the delay in response here. I can see from your account that you have spoken with the pre-installation team on the date of your post - this is the team that would provide all information and updates on this. We are not privy to pre-installation information. Have you spoken with them again recently or have they called you? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos