Menu
TyroneH21
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delayed Installation

Hello all, I gave virgin media 7 months notice I was moving to a new property and was told everything would be put in place ready for my move in date. I moved in on 26th February and installation was supposed to be on that date they gave me 12 hours notice and delayed it till the 23rd April , I’ve just seen the pre install team van pull up outside (kier) then just drive off so no doubt I will get another delay message tonight. Am I eligible for automatic compensation of £5 per day? Or shall I just cancel the contract and sign up with an alternate provider, Thankyou .. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Installation

If the installation was delayed because a Virgin engineer couldn't install your services then you are entitled to compensation.

If an independent contractor could not install the cable due to a problem such as a blocked duct then no compensation is due.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Installation

Hi TyroneH21, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear the house move hasn't gone to plan. Even with the notice, we wouldn't of looked to ensure cables were there until closer to the install date. 

I am able to look in to the account to see what the delay is for and go from there. In order to do this I will need to pass data protection with you though. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos