Menu
CJPM92
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Delayed Installation

Ordered Virgin over a month a go before moving into a new build. Spoke to the guy who sold me the package when we got a completion date (2nd October) and was told the closest engineer installation date was the 9th October which was fine, I booked the day off work to be around for it and was happy. 
I get a text saying they will have to do some work before the install but I don’t need to be in, I agreed and thought nothing more of it. 

On my order tracking there was a reference for a “service request” that the date kept changing. Every day it would change to the current date. 

On October 4th at 4pm (less that 24 hours before my appointment) I get a call saying that my installation has been cancelled and I now have a date of the 24th October. 

I ring up, complain that it’s been cancelled on last minute and it’s because the pre pull hasn’t been done even though plenty of notice has been given. On the box on the wall of my property, someone from Virgin has come and installed a cable from the green pipe below.. 

I speak to the guy and he ensures me he will send someone from the Pre Pull team on the 10th to sort the cables out ahead of my delayed installation. 

It’s now the 12th and the date on my order tracking keeps changing and no one on the phone lines gives me a straight answer. They keep saying “according to your account it will be installed today and tell me not to worry”. 

I am very close to cancelling as I have been messed about several times now and I am no closer to getting my install..

Who came out and plugged a cable into the outside box? Has the pre pull been done? No one seems to be able to answer me so I am coming on here in hope.

Sorry about the long post, a lot to get of my chest!

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Installation

I'm confused, you say you don't have a prepull yet but you do have a cable and a box on your wall? 

0 Kudos
CJPM92
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is what is confusing me as well. But no matter how many times I speak to Virgin and tell them someone has already connected a cable.. they still tell me they need pre pull doing! 

The box on the wall had no cable in last week, came back from work and there was a cable..

94059FDA-DB2A-4844-8513-4E8CBA7EA62F.jpeg

0 Kudos
CJPM92
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unsure if anyone can see the photo above but that’s what happened when I was out at work. 

House round the corner has covering over the wire so unsure if half a job has been done?

Hopefully I will have more luck with a VM forum staff member than I have on the phone/online chat!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What does it say on your online account? Do you still have 2 orders? If so it sounds like someone hasn't told somebody else what they've done, which sounds pretty typical for Virgin media! 

0 Kudos
CJPM92
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yup! Still got the service request (which I am told is the pre-pull appointment), now on Saturday 17th!

I keep trying to tell Virgin that I think someone’s done it.. but all falls on deaf ears of course! 

98B3D7C7-0FDE-42E0-9452-D8D1801CE57D.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CJPM92, 

Thank you for your post. 

Can we please confirm if you've been in touch with the pre-installs team since your post as they would be the ones to look into these situations. 

They're available on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 3 then option 1. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos