cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation

TryAntlers
Joining in

I had my installation due for the 16/02, and on the 7th the pull contractors came out to try and get the cable in. When the tried to rod it, they claimed they found a blockage around 2mtrs from the toby box. They couldn't clear it, so they claimed they needed a blockage crew to come and fix it and it'll all be sorted by the 16th..

I got an email this morning saying my install has been pushed back until the 27/03.. which is obviously ridiculous.

Best part is, this is on a newsite, so it should've been the most straightforward connection they have got!!

Anyone got any advice to get this one moving? Getting a blockage cleared would take Openreach a day or two to fix.. VM are different gravy.

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Search the forum for the topic "delayed installation" and you'll find out all you need to know.  

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @TryAntlers, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the delay of the installation 😞
May I ask if you've been able to speak with the pre-installation team to see if they can possibly get the work done any sooner or look for any alternate means as a connection? I.e. 5g data?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs