I decided to take the plunge and order the Virgin Media VIP Bundle on the 3/6/19, after 17 years with Sky. Partly due to there still being no chance of having fibre broadband installed in my road and further Sky price rises.
What’s followed has been a terrible experience of the Virgin Media customer services and still no installation date.
I had the installation date booked for the 3/7/19 with all of my Sky services due to end the following day. At 7pm on the 2/7/19 I received a call from Virgin Media customers services in India advising my installation had to be cancelled due to problems with the pre-pull ! Great, a day’s booked holiday wasted and frantic calls to Sky not to cut me off.
After extending my Sky services for a month a further agreed installation date was booked in two weeks time after which another team would attempt the cable pull.
On the 5/7/19 another team turned up yet I didn’t receive an update until 9/7/19, I was then told that due to the installation of a bus stop down my road the Virgin Media ducting had been damaged and I could now have to wait for 6-8 weeks for a permit to be approved to rectify the issue.
As of today, my local council hasn’t received an application from Virgin Media for this permit.
The problem I now have is that I have cancelled Sky twice only for them to re-instate it due to this delay, and the last time they offered me an amazing deal to stay with them which runs out in just under 2 weeks time, if I agree to stay with them I am tied in with them for 18months. I would still like to join Virgin Media, but I cannot see them carrying out this expensive construction task anytime soon for just one customer activation. Plus, all the hours I had spent dealing with the customer services in India often on hold and often being cut off.
I would appreciate if any Virgin Media staff on here could look into my delayed installation and try to advise if there is any chance of it being resolved in the near future. I can't afford to keep paying Sky at their full rate, and I don't want to have to cancel this order and reluctantly stay with Sky.
It's really disappointing to hear of the delays with your installation and the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some details from you so I can look into this further for you.
Hello to any staff members on here. If possible could somebody please follow my delay up for me and get back to me via a PM ?
I was give a 6- 8 week timescale for my delayed installation over 7 weeks ago, I've phoned the pre-install team today and they can't give me any estimate at all for an installation date. I can't keep paying the full amount to sky and they have given me a good discount offer to stay with them but this means I'll be locked into a contract with them for 18 months. If I can't get any realistic update or valid reason why my installation is taking so long to arrange I'll be staying with Sky.
The blockage preventing my installation has now been cleared. I'm booked in for an installation date of 24/10 but have noticed on my online account there is also an additional booking listed as broadband only on the 19/10.
I phoned customers services who couldn't explain to me what the 19/10 booking is for, I assumed it's to run the cable to the front access point on my property (across my driveway), I did explain to customers services if this is the case I wouldn't be able to provide access on the front of my property on that date and could I change it. They advised this wouldn't be necessary. Could somebody please advise if it's normal to show this additional earlier appointment and for what it's for .