cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation, looking for advise re alternative

ljc80
Joining in

Hi all, looking for bit of help/advise

I moved into a new house on 20/1. In my old house i had Sky Broadband and TV and was just going to transfer this over. However Sky said they couldn't provide broadband at new house. (new house never previously had internet as old couple in it from being built in 2002).

So i organised for Virgin broadband & TV and was given an install date of 1/2. When i moved in they had spray painted a square on pavement outside so all looked on course. When guys came to do digging they couldn't locate a cable or something so the install was delayed to 16/2. This was then delayed until 23/2, then 10/3. Today I've had another text saying work still needs done outside so delayed until 20/3. At some point over last couple weeks they have sprayed another square on pavement further up a bit.

Would you just get another provider and give up? I assume i could get the internet via the phoneline or something and get Sky TV without sky broadband?

Someone told me Virgin have to give compensation?

I am just getting sick of holding off indefinitely with last minute delays!

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

VM installs that hit snags often suffer weeks to months of delays.

Sky TV without sky broadband is quite possible we have that.

Try the address on the BT Internet website to see if an alternative ISP service is possible.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ljc80 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post on our forum.

Sorry to hear about the delay with this install but rest assured that our team will aim to have the works completed and you installed as soon as possible. Everything on our auto compensation scheme can be found here 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well the 20/3 date has passed and delayed again

This time i haven't been given another date, and just got a text saying they needed to speak to me about installation, and to reply CHAT to it, but this doesn't seem to work!

Customer service seems to be tailing off in terms of updates, is this a sign the are giving up on it!?

We're sorry to hear of the delays to your installation and the difficulties getting to speak to the team in regards to this. Have you called the Install Team on 0800 052 1734 for an update as to what is happening? 

Rob

ljc80
Joining in

Well another few install dates have come and gone and i am now being told 1st May - 3 months after initial install date

Clearly i have no confidence this will happen.

Do i have to wait until install eventually happens to get the compensation? 

The compensation is the only reason i haven't already gone to another ISP

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ljc80, 

Thank you for your reply. 

We are very sorry that you are still waiting on the installation of the service, we appreciate this must be frustrating. 

As a date has been booked, please let us know if there are further delays. 

Information on the compensation policy can be found here and information on raising a complaint is also available here

Thanks, 

Nat

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@ljc80 wrote:

Well another few install dates have come and gone and i am now being told 1st May - 3 months after initial install date

Clearly i have no confidence this will happen.

Do i have to wait until install eventually happens to get the compensation? 

The compensation is the only reason i haven't already gone to another ISP

lots of posts from staff and as ever no info and lots of apologies which do not help and in truth is about all they can do or all they seem willing to do - i assume you need a cable pull - that will have gone to outside contractors who will get round to it when the planets align or some other day when its not raining - in other words when they feel like it and whilst they in theory work for VM they dont bother talking to each other - communication is not part of the remit - 13 months is the longest we know of on here so work out the compensation on that

so your call - you can go to another isp and be rid of the stupidity that is VM installs BUT dont cancel just let it trundle on until someone decides its your turn and get of their ars* and install you - you have 14 days to cancel at no cost and then sit back and wait for whatever compensation you are due - they may try to scam you - someone in your position was offered £40 and no more the other day and they were 55 days into the delay - so that a bit more than £40 - they may/will use permits as an excuse - yes its legit but not 6 weeks as they say - think 48 hours

they may just pay up but if not keep records and come back here for advice or search - theres a process but in the end they will have to sort it and pay you 

Tony.
Sacked VIP