Menu
Romeo807
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delayed Installation: From 24th of August to now, 8th of September (TBC...)

I signed up to Virgin Media on the 21st of August; told I was to be setup by the 24th (Monday) each day I would check my order tracker and the date would change to the following day without any notification as to why. 

Called the support number '0345 454 1111' on the 27th to see what is going on as delays are to be expected on some occasions but enough was enough...and the lady on the phone lied to me to say it will definitely happen on the 28th.. (Oh well.. people work for money I suppose)

I called again on the 31st and after repeating myself over 5 times regarding my account number and explaining to them they need to have some data regarding related to my calls or user account I was then told. 

"Awaiting confirmation from your local council" 

The Virgin engineer is setup to visit on the 4th of September however I only have a green mark left outside the property.. 

Covid is not a excuse for out sourced virgin media staff not knowing/bothering to input data into their ticketing system if they even have one or just a piece of A4 paper with a few lines to repeat. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Installation: From 24th of August to now, 8th of September (TBC...)

not sure what you are asking but i will add some info

the moving date is for the cable pull - that can happen any day up to the install date so moves forward 24hours on the order until its completed - if all goes to plan thats done before the install date

from the notes on the account - "Awaiting confirmation from your local council" - the cable pull tram have been and found a problem - the green marks indicate in some way what the problem is - no pavement T possibly or showing where the duct is blocked - so VM are now waiting for the council to give the nod to solving the problem - that permission can take 6 weeks or more - thats the councils system and nothing to do with VM

so when the problem is solved installation can proceed if you have not cancelled - if you do cancel the work order will be revoked and if you order in the future you are back to square one

as to people not knowing whats happening - in this case its better than usual - the  "Awaiting confirmation from your local council" note is better than most - normally they dont have the info or dont pass it back to the customer - but there is certainly some degree of info being passed back from dept to dept or from the sub contractor to VM

Tony
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Installation: From 24th of August to now, 8th of September (TBC...)

Sorry to hear that we haven't been able to get your install sorted due to construction issues in your area.

I have been able to locate your account and as of yesterday afternoon/evening a permit has been agreed and a new date has been set for your both the prepull of the cable and your install. Please could you check on your online account to see the new dates that have been setup.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos