cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Install Issues

Blharvey
Joining in

Awful start to my virgin experience. Moved home and thought I’d make a switch from sky to virgin, was told I would be able to set up the day I moved it however the connection to virgin was taken out of the house (not virgins fault) got a technician to come in on the Monday and they set it up inside and said you just need to wait for the outside team to connect from the road. Was promised it would be done by the end of the week. My wife works from home. Which was fine as she wasn’t in till the Monday after. However today a technician was booked In (by mistake) and then proceeded to tell me the construction team can’t come out for 3 WEEKS!!! So my wife can’t work from home in that time and we would lose out on money!?!? Shocking! Tried to ring up to complain however only speak to robots can’t get in touch with a person! Wishing we just stuck with sky internet as this wouldn’t have happened. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Blharvey 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your installation has been delayed. There can be various reasons for construction delays, so I'm going to send you a private message, to look into this for you. Please be aware that I may not be able to bring this appointment closer, but I will do my best to provide as much information as possible.

You can find my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Be warned that all dates for external connection work by subcontractors are estimates and can change.  Keep all the promises of activation dates, as you should be entitled to compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.